Senior Manager, Investor Relations
(Hybrid) Toronto, ON
- Become a valuable addition to the Centerra Corporate team
- Boost your career by joining an established organization
- Receive a highly attractive annual salary, plus bonus and benefits
About Centerra Gold
Headquartered in Toronto, Centerra Gold (TSX: CG) is one of the leading North American gold and copper producers engaged in the operation, exploration, development, and acquisition of quality mining assets in Asia, North America, and other markets worldwide.
Centerra’s vision is to build a team-based culture of excellence that responsibly delivers sustainable value and growth. We are committed to the safety, integrity, ethics, and fairness of our operations, promoting the highest standards of ethical business conduct of our employees, officers, and directors.
For more information, please see our website.
About the Opportunity
We have an opportunity for an Senior Manager, Investor Relations to join the Centerra Corporate team. This position is a hybrid role based at our Toronto, ON office.
Reporting to the Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications, the Senior Manager, Investor Relations will manage the implementation and execution of the Company’s Investor Relations strategy, which supports the Company’s business goals and objectives. The primary objective of the IR program is to develop and deliver comprehensive IR activities and communications to shareholders, potential investors, analysts, bankers and retail brokers, with the goal of educating and keep investors and security analysts up to date about the Company, expanding the investor base, and building market credibility, in order to achieve a fair relative stock price. The role requires the development of cross-functional relationships and interaction with people at all levels of the organization as well as external analysts and investors.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, manage and execute Investor Relations marketing calendars and investor engagement plans, including investor days, roadshows, site tours, and investor conferences, including the preparation of all materials to support these investor activities.
- Lead the preparation of company communications including press releases, investor presentations, quarterly webcast slides, speaker scripts, Q&A summaries to align messaging amongst Executives, through collaboration with departments and mine sites to ensure external messaging is accurate and disclosed in a timely manner to build and maintain market credibility.
- Monitor sell-side analyst reports, and prepare and report summaries to the Executives and the Board of Directors. Obtain, analyze, and evaluate analyst forecasts on the Company. Collaborate with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to interpret the results.
- Collaborate with both corporate departments and global teams, including finance, exploration, corporate development, and mine operating sites, to ensure investor queries are managed efficiently and accurately, and responded to in a timely manner.
- Conduct global shareholder targeting to identify potential new shareholders and strategically plan and manage how to engage those targets.
- Work alongside senior leadership to develop and generate strategic initiatives with key investors.
- Identify new initiatives and opportunities for the Investor Relations department to pursue, to diversify and adapt to new forms of communicating and marketing the investor story.
- Develop and strengthen strategic relationships with analysts, investors, and other Investor Relations vendors.
- Manage and lead retail investor support. Develop relationships and communicate with retail shareholders to manage their inquiries. When the Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications is unavailable, step-in as the key contact for analysts and investor inquires.
- Monitor and analyze financial trends, peer behaviours, shareholder issues, and anything else that could impact the business, and present to the Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications and/or other senior leaders.
- Collaborate with the Environmental, Social and Governance team, to ensure disclosure requirements are maintained, and identify opportunities and new ways to communicate Company ESG highlights to the general market. Collaborate with the ESG team on investor ESG queries and generate responses in a timely manner.
- Take ownership of, and manage, the corporate website and associated content to ensure all information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Implement and execute a wholistic social media strategy for the Company. Take ownership of, and manage, the social media platforms by collaborating with various areas of the business to develop content for posts on a consistent basis throughout the year.
- Monitor media reports on the Company and report the findings and any recommendations to the Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications on an on-going basis.
- Manage the design and finalization of annual reports and circulars.
- Collaborate with Director, Change Management and Internal Communication to ensure there is a consistent message internally throughout the organization.
- Perform other duties as required, including related day-to-day management of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications activities.
To qualify, you must have a Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting/finance, or other relevant field, along with 10+ years of Investor Relations experience.
The following will be critical to successfully performing this role:
- Strong technical, analytical, and research skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive skills in preparation of presentations and other marketing materials – with high attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills allowing to confidently interact with all levels of management and external investment professionals
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership, communication and collaboration with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to think independently, results-oriented, and a drive to constantly learn and improve
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude, detail oriented with good multi-tasking and organizational ability
- Familiarity with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, CRM systems and other similar IR platforms.
- High proficiency using Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Member with CIRI or NIRI would be considered an asset
- Previous experience in the mining industry would be considered an asset
Some international travel will be required.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of our corporate team, you can look forward to a highly attractive annual salary, based on experience, skills, and qualifications. You'll also gain access to some incredible benefits, including:
- Extended group health, dental, vision, and travel insurance
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D
- Company-sponsored RRSP with Company match
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Healthcare Spending Account / Lifestyle Wellness Spending Account
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Long-term incentive plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company match
- Parental leave top-up program
- Professional development within the organization
- Join a company committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
This is your chance to be part of an established, industry-leading global organization with incredible room for career growth and personal development.
If you have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!