SAP FI/CO Finance Techno Specialist
(Hybrid) Toronto, ON
- Become a valuable addition to the Centerra Corporate team
- Boost your career by joining an established organization
- Receive a highly attractive annual salary, plus bonus and benefits
About Centerra Gold
Headquartered in Toronto, Centerra Gold (TSX: CG) is one of the leading North American gold and copper producers engaged in the operation, exploration, development, and acquisition of quality mining assets in Asia, North America, and other markets worldwide.
Centerra’s vision is to build a team-based culture of excellence that responsibly delivers sustainable value and growth. We are committed to the safety, integrity, ethics, and fairness of our operations, promoting the highest standards of ethical business conduct of our employees, officers, and directors.
For more information, please see our website.
About the Opportunity
We have an opportunity for an SAP FI/CO Finance Techno Specialist to join the Centerra Corporate team. This position is a hybrid role based at our Toronto, ON office.
Reporting to the Manager, SAP Global Support, the SAP FI/CO Finance Techno Specialist is responsible for the tactical and operational management and maintenance of the SAP S/4 accounting, financial operations, cost management, and profitability analysis capabilities/modules at Centerra Gold. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, goals and adherence to quality standards and application management best practices established by the Head of Technology.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with other SAP functional team members, site, and corporate business leads to assess and document requirements and establish priorities
- Recommending operational improvements or devising new approaches to technical or process issues to meet business objectives
- Leading the design of SAP Finance FRICEW (forms, reports, interfaces, configuration, enhancements, and workflows) items and conversion programs
- Developing alternative technical solutions and providing advice on options, risks, costs and benefits, and impact on other business processes
- Understanding non-SAP business systems (e.g., Oracle Financial Planning and Consolidation) and their integration with SAP
- Providing help desk support, assisting, and resolving end-user support problems
- Working with third-party system integrator partners/AMS providers in the implementation of new FRICEW items, resolving incidents, analyzing proposed improvements or changes, using Centerra’s ticketing system
- Ensuring all SAP Finance modules tickets are properly documented, the solution has been addressed promptly, and the IT change management process followed
- Evaluating SAP notes, new functionality, and upcoming releases for financial modules
- Developing and maintaining systems documentation, including business standard operating procedures, functional design specifications, process flows, and test cases
- Ensuring key processes are documented and up to date
- For example: period end processes, change management
- Defining SAP Finance-related modules user authorization requirements
- Preparing and conducting demos or training sessions as needed and developing training material as required
To qualify, you must have a University degree in computer science, business administration or equivalent, along with 3+ years of functional/configuration experience in SAP S/4 Hana, FI, CO, PS, and SD.
The following will be critical to successfully performing this role:
- Previous experience in mining, other asset-intensive industries, manufacturing, supporting Finance personnel with day-to-day ERP system processes
- Experience with life cycle implementation of S4 Hana and FIORI Apps
- Experience working with external financial systems (Banks, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of integration with SAP and Non-SAP financial planning and consolidation modules
- Solid understanding of SAP best practices
- Expertise in analyzing business processes and requirements, creating system specifications, developing test scripts, and implementing business solutions utilizing SAP technologies
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft tools (SharePoint, Teams, PowerPoint, etc.) and SAP Enable Now
SAP FICO certification, and basic understanding of SAC reporting and Analysis for Office would be considered an asset.
Some travel will be required.
Lastly, you will join us as a self-starter with a positive, solution-oriented, and customer-service-oriented mindset, high attention to detail and follow-up skills, and a commitment to work collaboratively with a team.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of our corporate team, you can look forward to a highly attractive annual salary, based on experience, skills, and qualifications. You'll also gain access to some incredible benefits, including:
- Extended group health, dental, vision, and travel insurance
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D
- Company-sponsored RRSP with Company match
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Healthcare Spending Account / Lifestyle Wellness Spending Account
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Long-term incentive plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company match
- Parental leave top-up program
- Professional development within the organization
- Join a company committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
This is your chance to be part of an established, industry-leading global organization with incredible room for career growth and personal development.
If you have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!