- Become a valuable addition to Centerra's Develi team
- Boost your career by joining an established organization
We are global mining company which has several sites around the world.
We conduct all our activities in line with the policy of "People First", from A to Z. We aim to build a fair and transparent culture where each employee has a say, shows their potential, creates value, and contributes to the company in order to create a high-performance, improvement-oriented, committed, highly engaged, satisfied, successful and healthy organization which is united under the same core values.
The core values of our company and the origin of our Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility policy are based on the concept of "Respect". We are building a culture that recognizes and appreciates diversity of each individual, regardless of their language, race, religion, national or social origin, ethnicity, gender, disability and age, and that promotes equal opportunity under any circumstances.
We are looking for dynamic, pro-active, analytical approached, enthusiastic, innovative, passionate, and self-motivated Environmental Manager for our project in Develi.
All applicants will be considered within our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy.
About The Opportunity
We are looking for an Environmental Manager to join our team.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance to related Turkish regulations and EIA commitments,
- Coordinating and executing mine closure activities by collaborating with related departments, and third party consultants
- Devising, managing and keeping up to date all environmental constraints documents, design alternatives, environmental management plans, closure plan and other owner's documents for the project and other options studies,
- Managing environmental rehabilitation and safeguards of the Oksut Project and Operation when required.
- Preparing internal and external reports
- Managing, planning, coordinating and participating internal and external audits, tracking the findings of the audits, and taking necessary actions,
To qualify, the following skills and experiences are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering,
- Minimum 12 years of related experience,
- Environmental officer certificate owner from Ministry of Environment and Urbanization (preferably ≥5 years’ experience),
- Knowledge about environmental regulations, related Turkish and International regulations, implementations, and best practices,
- Experienced in management system, -ISO 45001, ISO 14001 ICMC
- Working experience in mine closure processes,
- Working experience in multinational and English-speaking environment is plus,
- Fluency in oral and written Turkish and English,
- Good command of MS Office applications, and other mining applications,
- Self-disciplined and self-starter,
- Effective communication and presentation skills,
- Team player, result-oriented with strong planning and organization skills,
- Have a valid Turkish driving license,
- Residing in Kayseri Develi district or willing to relocate.
Our ideal candidate is team-oriented, self-motivated, and willing to share knowledge.
This is your chance to be part of an established, industry-leading global organization with incredible room for career growth and personal development.
If you have the relevant skills to bring success to our team, then we invite you to apply today!